Go! Go! Hypergrind ships for Gamecube
Jolex Del Pilar
Tuesday, November 18, 2003
Game features 11 Characters including Ren and Stimpy.
Atlus U.S.A., Inc. today announced that it has shipped Go! Go! Hypergrind to retailers nationwide. Go! Go! Hypergrind is being developed by the newly-formed Team Poponchi at Atlus Japan in conjunction with Spumco, the creators of The Ren & Stimpy Show and The Ripping Friends.
SPUMCO, the real world animation company responsible for the hit cartoon series, The Ren & Stimpy Show, is holding auditions for an upcoming action feature called "Hypergrind", in which the main character will be an animated skateboarder capable of performing crazy and humorous tricks. As the character of your choice, you'll enroll in SPUMCO's newly founded stunt school, where you'll compete against other outrageous characters while pulling off insane fantasy tricks and performing extreme "Negative Reactions" on the game's 8 massive themed movie sets.
The one to graduate at the top of the class will earn the right to star in the upcoming show. How well you perform during the audition process and in stunt school will determine how lucrative a contract you're offered.
- Skate as one of 11 crazy, cool competitors, designed by SPUMCO, the world-famous animation studio responsible for The Ren & Stimpy Show and The Ripping Friends!
- Use the new "Negative Reaction" system to score insane points and begin your rise to stardom! Chain multiple negative reactions together with normal tricks for insane combination points!
- Powerful graphics engine allows for real-time character deformation. The wacky, cel-shaded skateboarders can be subjected to numerous humiliations, such as being set on fire, flattened and covered in paint!
- Perform over 60 never-before-seen fantasy tricks as well as a host of real-world grinds, aerials manuals and lip moves!
- Skate on 8 gigantic, deviously designed themed movie sets each with their own stage specific traps and negative reaction points!
- Compete in a multitude of head-to-head multiplayer modes!
Go! Go! Hypergrind has a suggested retail price of US $49.99 and has been rated "T" for Teen by the ESRB. For more information, visit the official Go! Go! Hypergrind Web site at http://www.atlus.com/gogo.
--- Jolex Del Pilar